Carrier® Comfort™ – 3 Ton 16 SEER Residential Air Conditioner Condensing Unit
Carrier® Air Conditioners with Puron® refrigerant provide a collection of features unmatched by any other family of equipment. The 24ABC has been designed utilizing Carrier’s Puron® refrigerant. The environmentally sound refrigerant allows you to make a responsible decision in the protection of the earth’s ozone layer.
This product has been designed and manufactured to meet Energy Star® criteria for energy efficiency when matched with appropriate coil components. Refer to the combination ratings in the Product Data for system combinations that meet Energy Star® guidelines.
NOTE: Always refer to the AHRI directory (www.ahridirectory.org) for the most up-to-date ratings information.
- 14 – 16.5 SEER/11.0 – 13.5 EER
- Microtube Technology™ refrigeration system
- Indoor air quality accessories available
- Sound level as low as 76 dBA
- Sound level as low as 74 dBA with accessory sound blanket
- System supports Edge® Thermidistat™ or standard thermostat controls
- Puron® refrigerant — environmentally sound, won’t deplete the ozone layer and low lifetime service cost.
- Scroll compressor
- Internal pressure relief valve
- Internal thermal overload
- Filter drier
- Balanced refrigeration system for maximum reliability
WeatherArmor™ protection package:
- Solid, durable sheet metal construction
- Dense wire coil guard standard
- Baked-on, complete outer coverage, powder paint
- Long-line – up to 250 feet (76.20 m) total equivalent length, up to 200 feet (60.96 m) condenser above evaporator, or up to 80 ft. (24.38 m) evaporator above condenser (See Longline Guide for more information.)
- Low ambient (down to -20°F/-28.9°C) with accessory kit
Carrier® Performance™ Boost 80 AFUE 70000 Btuh 4- Way Multipoise Induced- Combustion Gas Furnace
58PHB = 4-Way Multipoise
070 = 66,000 Btuh Input Rates
011 = Series
16 = 1600 CFM Nominal Cooling Size
The 58PHB/PHY 4-way Multipoise Gas Furnaces offer features not found in other single-stage 80% gas furnaces. The ECM motor and Carrier’s control logic combine to provide a SEER BOOST of up to 1.5 points.* Carrier’s QuieTech™ noise reduction system makes the Performance™ Boost 80 an incredibly quiet induced-draft gas furnace.
The gas furnace control system provides fault code storage in the event of power outages. Applications are easy with 4-way multipoise design, through-the-furnace downflow venting, 13 different venting options, and a design for easy service access. An inner blower door is provided for tighter sealing in sensitive applications. The 58PHB/PHY furnaces are approved for use with natural or propane gas, and the 58PHY is approved for use in Low NOx Air Quality Management Districts.
*as compared to the Air Conditioning Heating and Refrigeration Institute’s standard coil –only rating when paired with selected Carrier evaporator coils.
- ECM Blower Motor included
- QuieTech™ noise reduction system
- Microprocessor based control center
- Enhanced diagnostics with LED and reflective sight glass.
- Stores fault codes during power outages
- Adjustable heating air temperature rise
- Adjustable cooling airflow
- 4-way Multipoise furnace, 13 vent applications
- Compact design – only 33-1/3 in. (847 mm) tall
- Power Heat SiN™ Igniter
- Draft safeguard switch to ensure proper furnace venting
- Insulated blower compartment
- Inner door for tighter sealing
- Certified to leak 2 percent or less of its nominal air conditioning CFM delivered when pressurized to 1-In. Water Gauge with all present air inlets and air outlet sealed.
- HYBRID HEAT® Dual Fuel System compatible
- All models are chimney friendly when used with accessory vent kit
3 Ton Evaporator A Coil Cased Multipoise Painted 17″ Width
C = Coil Product
A = A Coil Type
P = Puron® Refrigerant (R-410A) TXV Refrigerant Type
M = Multipoise Coil Configuration
P = Painted Cabinet Finish
36 = 3 Ton Unit Capacity
17 = 17″ in (432 mm) Cabinet Width
A = 1st Revision Level
L = Aluminum Tubing Design
A = Basic VariationsThis coil is available for use in Puron® Refrigerant (R-410A) only. It is a cased A-coil that is housed in a durable, 24 gauge, pre-painted taupe metallic cabinet. The fully-insulated cabinet (foil faced with R-2.1 insulation properties) provides for quiet efficient operation of the evaporator coil. This multipoise coil offers the most in installation application flexibility, one coil for a variety of applications with fewer SKUs to stock.DESIGN FEATURES
Performance – Designed with performance in mind, this new A-coil offers low pressure drops to enhance system performance and airflow characteristics.
Thermostatic Expansion Valves (TXV) – All Bryant coils have refrigerant-specific, factory-installed TXVs.
Durable Condensate Pans (2) – The corrosion-resistant drain pans, one for vertical applications and one for horizontal, are designed in a “fiberglass reinforced thermoset polyester” material (FRTP) that offers unsurpassed pan strength. It is engineered with
proper slope in both pans to help ensure water drainage, improved moisture removal, and home comfort.
Refrigerant Connections – This coil is provided with industry proven sweat connections for leak-free operation to maintain system reliability. The side mounting tubing to the coil slabs allows for easy cleaning/servicing of the coils, as well as easy access to the TXV.
Burst Pressure – This coil meets or exceeds burst pressure of 2100 psi, which is at least three to five times the pressure it will see in actual application.
UV Knockouts – The cased coil also comes with factory-installed UV knockouts for quick and easy installation of UV lights.
Serviceability – This coil comes with a “split delta plate” for easy, quick access to the coil for service and cleaning. Also, after the door is removed, the coil is removable from the front of the unit without use of any tools.